View Single Post
Old 07-01-2001, 11:24 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't see a dramatic change in the strike zone," Larry Dierker, the Houston Astros' manager and former major league pitcher, said. "What I see is a significant increase in the pitchers who can throw 95- plus. We're starting to see some good pitchers come into the league. There are more hard throwers. Seems like everyone coming into the league throws 95. Even if you don't have great control, just the sheer raw stuff we're seeing is a significant improvement from a couple years ago."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was the quote that made me post the thread. What in the hell is Dierker talking about. Pitching doesn't get better league-wide in a single season.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote