View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I come from a family that struggled.. alot. My dad was injured at work back around 1982 or so. He partially severed his spinal cord, but many of the issues didn't occur until a couple of years later. He lost feeling in his hands and feet... bad enough to where he could no longer work. We are a family of 7. My dad was the lone provider. My mother had absolutely no way to provide for us, but she did. Hell, she never even thought about going to college.. She was a stay at home mom..That was her life. She somehow provided for 7 without us having to go on welfare or foodstamps or anything like that.

It was almost 8 years after the injury before my dad was actually able to start drawing his social security (and yeah, he felt pretty guilty about doing so). By that time, I was the only of the children left at home. So, things got quite a bit easier for us. Hell, we had 2 incomes for the first time.

So what's my point? After going through all this.. after going through all of the struggle, my parents wouldn't dream about supporting a tax plan such as Obama's.. They didn't blame anyone for some of their misfortune. It happened. They didn't hate the rich for having money when we couldn't even afford to have telephone service (funny story, we had a grass fire out where we lived.. had to run about a mile just to get to the nearest house so that I could call the fire department.. boy was I pissed when the fire was put out only to start back up about an hour later.. had to make that run again..).

I don't know, I just find it disgusting. So many of the middle class and poor are so willing to put the blame somewhere else. 99% of people are where they are because of the effort they put into their careers. Obama is nothing more than an enabler. It's amazing how little work the average US worker does in an 8 hour day.. Obama will do nothing but lower the incentive to actually get anything done.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote