View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #74
Capt.Obvious

Capt.Obvious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I understand people have personal preferences, and that some posters hate the large threads, but I feel like the standard has been established at this point, and it happened fairly naturally. Fight it if you want, but understand that you're going to miss the bulk of the good conversation if you avoid long running threads.

I enjoy a clean forum as much as anybody else on the forum. But I also don't want to miss out on significant changes / important events. The thread about LO was getting quite long and after a while I had the feeling the discussion was going around in circles and I kinda lost interest in checking it on a regular basis.
It is nice that the thread title was changed from , ibelieve, "LO maybe done as a mav" in "LO is done as a mav", but in my opinionthis canbe easily overlooked and gone unnoticed.

So here is what I would do,how you can keep the flow of new informationona high level and at the same time avoid that the board is becoming floaded by threads. Everytime some significant event happens iwould put it like this:
"Update P.15 | LOis done as a mav"
"Update P.15,31 | LOis done as a mav"

So even if youdon't follow the thread ona regular basis, you can easily spot on wich page some important info took place. And another thread would be obsolete. Just my 2 cents,no hating ^^

Last edited by Capt.Obvious; 04-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Capt.Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote