View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #239
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default RE:New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

I was at the game last night and I thought it was a great example of Nellie's brilliant coaching and the team's mental toughness, especially Dirk's.

Booth played 6 minutes and had no rebounds. Henderson played 12 minutes and had 1 rebound. Nellie didn't choose to let DJ have his 3 minutes to foul out.

Dallas did a great job to win with only 6 players contributing at all, and one of them (Harris) who played so poorly he would have been benched if Nellie had any alternatives.

Daniels, Stackhouse, Nowitzki and Howard all played more than 39 minutes--basically getting only minimum rest. Bradley played 25 minutes which is about the maximum his current conditioning will allow.

Basically, five guys beat the Knicks. Let me repeat, Henderson/Booth had 6 pts., 1 rebound and no blocks in a combined total of 18 minutes. Harris shot 4-14 with only 3 assists in 35 minutes (but who else to play with Terry and even Dickau out?) and played a terrible floor game.

This game was a testimount to Nellie's cleverness, Howard's and Daniel's ability, and Stackhouse's, and Dirk's will to win.

New York had more talent available (with Finley, Dampier and Terry out). Dallas didn't have a semi-capable point guard and still managed to win.

When the injured return, Harris gets some more experience, and Daniel's ankle finally heals, the Mavs are going to be really, really tough.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote