View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #99
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Let me settle your confusion. I didn't give you a responsive answer *because* you would have rejected it, any of them. Thats where it seemed like you were headed with your response originally. I thought you were just looking for an argument, not ideas for a resolution. In fact that did happen pretty quickly with the Stephen Jackson comment, You quickly hammered Mavs777. If I'm wrong sue me.
I certainly was (and am) skeptical that you could name anybody. But that doesn't mean I was looking for an argument. Optimistically, I was hoping you could name someone I hadn't thought of. I miss things all the time.

And look, as far as Stephen Jackson (or more generally, being "lambasted" for naming players) goes, what do you expect? This isn't even directed at you in particular, but people name some downright silly trade targets. What's worse, people will often explicitly list the criteria we might be looking for (as you did), then name players who don't even come close to fitting those criteria. GMC just pointed out an instance of this happening.

Besides, much more important than what names you throw out there is how you back up those names. If you say, "I want Stephen Jackson because he's intimidating, tough, and not scared of big shots," you sound very persuasive. If you say, "I want Stephen Jackson because Caron takes too many jumpshots and is inefficient," you sound like you don't even know who Stephen Jackson is. Same thing with Iggy, Kevin Martin, or anyone else who's already been named. I'm sure as hell not going to "lambast" you for any name if you give a good reason or two why that name is a good option.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote