View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #109
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LonghornDub;1143201]
Quote:
I certainly was (and am) skeptical that you could name anybody. But that doesn't mean I was looking for an argument. Optimistically, I was hoping you could name someone I hadn't thought of. I miss things all the time.
Whats wrong with the names you thought of?

Quote:
And look, as far as Stephen Jackson (or more generally, being "lambasted" for naming players) goes, what do you expect? This isn't even directed at you in particular, but people name some downright silly trade targets. What's worse, people will often explicitly list the criteria we might be looking for (as you did), then name players who don't even come close to fitting those criteria. GMC just pointed out an instance of this happening.
I'll agree that there are people that do that. However, in this case there was a small criteria that I listed and then you say imo a sort of condescending manner "name a player that fits ..." and someone does just that and says Stephen Jackson, I think it's plenty safe to assume they are specifically talking about the previously mentioned criteria. I don't think in that instance he needed to restate what I just said to make it more clear.

Quote:
Besides, much more important than what names you throw out there is how you back up those names. If you say, "I want Stephen Jackson because he's intimidating, tough, and not scared of big shots," you sound very persuasive. If you say, "I want Stephen Jackson because Caron takes too many jumpshots and is inefficient," you sound like you don't even know who Stephen Jackson is. Same thing with Iggy, Kevin Martin, or anyone else who's already been named.
Concur

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote