View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #507
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Ok I'm responding on both of the same topics here, lets all go tot he one on the main general discussion page. Cuban made it pretty clear though that the trade that will happen will be the one noone talks about. Not sure he would lie about that. We'll see.
Of course he would lie about it. Ever buy a car? If you told the salesman nothing but the truth chances are you're not going to get as good a deal as you would have had you fibbed a little.

NBA trades work the same way. "I'm not trading Devin" could mean "I'm not trading Devin" or it could mean "I want you to think that I'm not trading Devin". Pretend for a second the Mavs are talking about getting Kidd with Devin being in the deal. Is Cuban supposed to come out and say "Hey look everybody, we're trying to trade Devin for Kidd"? What happens if the deal falls through? You've gotten your fans worked up, you've told your team you don't think they're good enough, and most importantly, you've pissed off Devin. Wouldn't you be better off to just deny everything and squash all rumors until you knew something for certain?
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote