View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 03:14 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
lol, Ill throw this out: Stack for Miles 2007!
That's an excellent idea, EL ...

As much as it would sadden me to see #42 go, the NBA is a business, and Miles is a younger, longer, more explosively athletic player than is the aging Stackhouse, and he's also a man whose multi-skilled, versatile game was finally looking like it was rounding into shape before he got hurt earlier this year. My guess would be that Miles just needs to get away from that toxic Portland environment to get his head straight, and if he was consequently able to join a winning team where he could assume a defined but prominent role in the rotation, I'd further bet that he would end up looking like a much better player than I think most folks would currently credit him as being...

Quote:
Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG from North Carolina
13.0 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 27.7 minutes

Incoming

Darius Miles
6-9 SF from East St. Louis (HS)
14.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.8 apg in 32.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: +1.0 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Portland Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Darius Miles
6-9 SF from East St. Louis (HS)
14.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.8 apg in 32.2 minutes

Incoming

Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG from North Carolina
13.0 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 27.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Dallas and Portland being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Portland had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-21-2006 at 03:21 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote