View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #97
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Don't think anyone has linked to this yet: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/col...tim&id=4681420

The interview on Galloway & Co. is particularly interesting. Haven't finished yet but Carlisle says something to the affect of "If Roddy's minutes get up in the 20-25 range that's good for us because it means Kidd's minutes are down." Thought that was very interesting considering he hasn't really played point guard much yet.

Edit: Also this: "Step one is getting him acclimated to the game, and being in there with Jason has been perfect with him," assistant coach Monte Mathis said. "Now it's getting him to the point where he can be in there without Jason and run the team. That's the next step in his development."

So it definitely looks like Dallas envisions Roddy as their PG of the future, not a 2 guard..
To me, I never thought of Roddy B as a 2 guard. He is too small. I see him to be like Harris, Rondo, Parker, Ellis etc. I would go as far to say that I believe RoddyB has more of a "quarterback" potential than all of those mentioned. If groomed right, especially under Kidd, I can definitely see RoddyB as our PG of the future. We need to be much bigger in the guard(wing) position, and we need more speed and athleticism in our point position.

Last edited by Robillion; 11-24-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote