View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #48
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
A few random Kidd thoughts:

-I remember in the months leading up to his draft having almost daily arguments with my best friend at the time over Kidd vs. Big Dog. I was a huge Kidd fan when he was at Cal and was actually happy we didn't win the lottery because I felt like Robinson would be the #1 pick. He was so freaking dominant at Purdue. 20 years later I have scoreboard on that one. Really it didn't take that long, Kidd's just been running up the score for the past 10 or 15 years.

-In Kidd's first training camp Dick Motta would open up the second practice of the day to the public. Every day after work I'd drive to Moody, mostly to watch him. The first few minutes were usually fast break drills and Kidd made passes that I'd never seen before and haven't since. He was able to take chances he couldn't take in games and was clearly playing to the crowd. He'd see angles from floor level that I couldn't see from 20 rows up. Just unbelievable vision and showmanship.

-We're about the same age so I would see him and Chris Gatling at Primetime 21 almost every weekend. I know it's hard to believe but he did pretty well for himself.

-I was pissed when we traded him to PHX and never understood why we didn't get back Steve Nash instead of Sam Cassell. Seems like we had all the leverage at the time. I wonder if we even asked.

-I was almost equally unhappy when we brought him back and sent Devin to NJ but let's not focus on that so much.
Would have come full circle if Big Dog's son actually played with Kidd in the NBA.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote