View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #599
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
It really really bugs me that our veterans don’t seem to be on the same page as Luka. They really don’t seem to enjoy his success at all. The three to end the half vs. the Celtics last night really stands out. Luka hit a crazy circus shot to get us within single digits and the end of the half and no one got hyped at all.

IMO it’s time to clean house and build around Luka. I understand they’re maybe a little annoyed about the hype but it’s pretty obvious we go as far as Luka takes us. We should be actively searching for deals to get rid of HB, Wes, and DeAndre.
1000% agree with this...you clearly hit the nail on the head!!!

When Barnes signed that enormous contract he probably thought he'd become the alpha dog by now but that hasn't come to fruition because Luka is CLEARLY that guy.

DSJ was touted as the best PG we drafted since Kidd and was the answer to the issues we had at that position for over 5 years. He was considered our franchise PG.

I don't want to give up on DSJ but I think Barnes' enthusiasm for his current role isn't what it should be and I don't see it getting any better. Honestly I think the FO should step back and look at the situation and opportunity they just created by drafting Luka. They hit a grand slam by drafting him and they should do whatever it takes to build around him and that means getting the right pieces and attitudes to build a great chemistry.
When we draft players and acquire in FA from here on they will know this is CLEARLY Luka's team and should have the right attitudes. I think DSJ has the right attitude and I believe he will eventually be a great fit.

Mavs can fiddle around with getting to the POs every year with Luka and Barnes but they have a golden opportunity imo to build something extremely special by completely focusing and building around Luka. I don't think Barnes, Wes, DJ and some others are fully onboard with letting Luka be the alpha guy. That has to change imo for this team to move forward.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-05-2019 at 12:47 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote