Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #89
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Oh, come on now, lets have a little faith. The NBA has until Thursday to announce an extension to Green's suspension.

I don't believe last night's game was scripted but holy crap, the calls are almost idiotic ... for both teams. They let so much contact happen on one play and then finally call a moving screen play after letting practically anything happen for 5 1/2 games!

And Steve Javie last night saying the foul on Tristan Thompson should have been a flagrant. Hell, I was even wondering if there was enough body contact for common foul. The guy was going up hard with both hands for a dunk and got the ball hit so hard that it looked like that is what made him stumble. But hey, it's CLE and they are down 3-1 so we gotta build this back up for ratings and more $$$.

There is just zero consistency in today's NBA and it's 100% clear, with zero doubt, that if you don't have/are not a super star, you will not get the call as shown in the Adams vs Lebron groin shots.

Mike and Mike was saying on the radio today that they don't believe the NBA is truly scripted, but they can see why fans would say it and they do believe this is a problem that the NBA has and needs to fix.
Green's flagrant against Adams merited an ejection and a one-game supension (at least), irrespective of any cumulative penalties. By failing to address that situation appropriately at the time, the league and Vandeweghe allowed a situation to develop whereby Green HAD to be suspended in the Championship series. Maybe Green isn't intelligent enough to avoid a suspension in any case, but the replay of the contact with James looked minimal.

There is a difference between 'scripted' and 'manipulated'. I am unsure about the former, but I am pretty certain about the latter. The league benefits financially by having the large-market Warriors in the Finals (thus no suspension for Green vs. the Thunder), and it benefits financially by having a longer chamnpionship series (thus the suspension for Green after minimal contact wth Lebron).

Vandeweghe looks dumb and hapless (as did Stu Jackson) enforcing this kind of hocus-pocus. It's an insult to a thinking person's intellect and sense of fairness. The only effective response has to be to vote with your feet / eyeballs / channel changer / whatever.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote