Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I love trade threads. You have people using the "fact" that the Rockets want to trade Martin as proof that he's not that great...except that there's absolutely no evidence that the Rockets are open at all to trading Martin.

And you have someone quoting defensive win shares as if it's some sort of concrete evidence.

I'm not arguing that Martin is a good defender. But if you're going to use DWS and the PER of one season of Roddy in which he was coddled and used only in the best matchups to make the case that we'd be better off with Roddy than Martin for the near future, I would respectfully submit that you need to have your head examined.

Personally, I'm not at all sure that Houston would trade Martin for Haywood and Roddy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote