View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 02:09 AM   #100
BoilersXL

BoilersXL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Hes the typical 2nd rounder. There's a lot to like. We got nice value there. But as of now he's a raw big man who teams were scared of because he's 24 which is wierd to me because I want the collegiate guy who's battle tested and stayed 4 years. If he was 19 he would've been a first rounder. Nothing not to like about him on the court. Mentally may be another story.

Hi! I'm a first time poster and Purdue fan here. He's actually not raw at all. He's pretty well-developed skill-wise. His basketball IQ isn't great but I think it's good enough for now and can continue to get better.

Yes, it is believed that he doesn't "love" the game but I think he's learned to realize that this is his meal-ticket (he's naturally built for it) and it showed this past season, as he was very consistent as a senior. He can shoot out to college 3PT range as well, but you don't really want him doing that unless he's wide-open. He has very good shot-blocking instincts and weirdly, he blocks almost all of his shots using his left hand even though he's a right-handed player.

Here's some highlights on him from this past season (Note: his weight is more in the 250-260 range, not 280 as listed in the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHEr6ja_pg

I hope this helps you guys have more insight on him.

Last edited by BoilersXL; 06-24-2016 at 02:15 AM.
BoilersXL is offline   Reply With Quote