View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, I now know a whole lot more about the PM system than you do. In fact, I probably know more than anyone else on this site does. When you get several thousand messages in one day, you have a lot of evidence to work with.

For example, I know that when you shut off the option of getting an email notification when you receive a PM, you will still get those email notifications (at least for a while). I also know that you can receive only 250 PM's before deleting your inbox, but you can receive an unlimited number of messages that tell you your box is full but some third-grade dumbshit is still hacking away at his mouse.

I know that most of the time, you get an email notice in real time once you have received a message. But I now know that some of the time the messages are delayed. (Again, I suspect this only happens when hundreds of messages are running through the system in short order.)

I know that you can empty your inbox, and in the time it takes you to do that you can receive 20 more messages. Delete those, and you can have 10 more. Yes, I know this.

Incidentally, I also know that AOL limits you to 1000 emails in your inbox. I've been using it for over ten years, and I didn't learn that until yesterday.

So, yeah, I'm now pretty well versed in how the PM system works. Three a second? Child's play...to a child like you.