View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 07:32 AM   #1821
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If the MBT thinks this is a championship roster, they should not only be fired, they should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Honestly, do you think that they think this is a championship roster? Whatever you might think of their decisions over the years... you can't possibly think they're that dumb, right?
Cuban said he thought continuity was important and that "we have a good team". He seemed to downplay the likelihood of any deals being completed by the trade deadline. He might just be blowing smoke, but I could see them sticking with their current roster. I believe that at the minimum they should be looking to trade JJ and his large expiring contract. I like JJ and thought he would play an important role, but it hasn't really turned out that way in my opinion.

If you believe the rumors there are quite a few very good players available if the right deal comes around. I hope the MBT is on the phone and aggressively pursuing something and not passively waiting around for something to fall in their lap. They might be thinking they will continue to evaluate the current roster and look to make deals in the offseason. That would not surprise me. I feel some urgency to upgrade, but I am not at all certain the MBT sees it that way.