Thread: Fin Vs. Stack
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #12
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Fin Vs. Stack

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
Dirk is showing more than enough leadership without Finley around to shadow him. Someone over at DB.com said that having Finley is like having Brett Favre backup Peyton Manning (Dirk) and share minutes. Not that Fin isn't good in his own right, but there is no need for him when you have a perfect fitting puzzle without him.
The only problem with this little scenario is that one of those qbs has a Super Bowl ring and a pattern of winning big games in the clutch...the other does not.

Neither can be said for Fin or Stack. But I do agree that if I had to pick one of the two players for this Mavs team, it would probably be Stackhouse due to his ability to get to the basket and, if nothing else, earn some free throws. The guy has always been able to penetrate, and if he can even hit 43% of his jumpers, he's murder on opposing defenses, especially ones that have three guys with their eyes on Dirk all the time. He doesn't bring the consistency from three that Fin brings, but with the Mavs new roster additions (i.e., Dampier), they shouldn't be relying on the three as much anyway.

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote