View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #30
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I feel with a Dirk/Bosh front court, we will struggle against front courts that have really big, traditional centers in terms of defense. Bosh has the same kind of defensive issues that Dirk has, as well as all the controversy that arises from those issues. Toronto had a huge problem with defense this year ... but maybe with the right coach Bosh can key into defense. Either way ... Dirk and Bosh are more or less the same type of player, in the sense that they are both jump shooting power forwards, though Dirk has more of an outside game and Bosh has more of an inside game. If we get an upgrade at the five spot, I really just want a traditional 'Shaq' type center. If Bosh can do this for us, then I am down with that.

As for JJ or Iggy ... I think it is important to point out that both of those players have been carrying their team on their back, when in fact, they should be second options on contending teams, or at least duos. Both Iggy and Johnson will benefit from Dirk drawing all of the attention. I also hope Johnson's lackluster performance in the playoffs lowers his price. Atlanta is already a cheap team, so it should not be too difficult to pry Johnson away if he wants a sign and trade. Based on Johnson's regular season though, as well as the fact that he brings a lot of intangibles for a SG (rebounding, passing) and can shoot and has down well in isolation plays, as well as the fact that he carried his team on his back, I think he will be a great fit. Hopefully we don't have to give up too much for him.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote