View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 07:42 AM   #5
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Calling out Troy Hambrick

I agree that Habrick is not an answer at RB. But many teams have sucky RB's and can still win. We obviously need to look quick in the off-season to find someone else, but can make due this season. One upside he does have is that he is pretty bruising on the Defense. I think Cason is great and suprisingly tough at times for his size, but Hambrick looks like he can wear down a defense. However, on the downside, he has no vision. Rarely hits a hole with authority. Often runs to the defenders for small gains. Is slow to burst into the holes. Never breaks a long one, even when he gets to the linebackers untouched. Never makes one guy miss. He has to rely on great blocking to open big holes and then he will get 6-8 yards. But never tacks on his own earned yardage. His only upside is that he is pretty bruising to the defense.

I would like to see Cason get more carries and have more of a "Thunder and Lightning" running attack. Hambrick to just pound and wear down the D and Cason to make the quick strikes against a reeling defense.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote