View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #24
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Trade Walker....

Honestly, I don't get this thread at all.

It's WAY too early to call for the trading of any of the new players. We need to give them some time to see how they will mesh together. To say that they absolutely won't fit together after five games is just an assumption you can't possibly make.

If you look objectively at how the team has played so far, it seems to me that Walker is everything the Mavericks had hoped he would be. He's taking good shots, shooting an excellent percentage, showing the ability to score in the paint and in the post, taking timely three point shots, driving to the basket, passing the ball well, and playing decent defense. Oh yeah, he's also rebounding the ball quite well.

The key acquisition who has looked to be a bit of a questionable fit is Jamison. He is the type of scorer who needs people to clear out and get out of his way when he operates on the block, and he doesn't have the same passing ability or instincts that Walker has with the ball in the post. His offensive skills tend to leave others standing and watching rather than being involved as cutters or options out of the double team. His rebounding has been fine, but I'm not clear on who he can guard, if anyone. Of course, I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that he CAN'T fit in. I think it's possible. But if you were going to overreact and suggest a trade, perhaps Jamison would be the place to start. Or Finley.