View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #75
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
I enjoy a clean forum as much as anybody else on the forum. But I also don't want to miss out on significant changes / important events. The thread about LO was getting quite long and after a while I had the feeling the discussion was going around in circles and I kinda lost interest in checking it on a regular basis.
It is nice that the thread title was changed from , ibelieve, "LO maybe done as a mav" in "LO is done as a mav", but in my opinionthis canbe easily overlooked and gone unnoticed.

So here is what I would do,how you can keep the flow of new informationona high level and at the same time avoid that the board is becoming floaded by threads. Everytime some significant event happens iwould put it like this:
"Update P.15 | LOis done as a mav"
"Update P.15,31 | LOis done as a mav"

So even if youdon't follow the thread ona regular basis, you can easily spot on wich page some important info were available. And another thread would be obsolete. Just my 2 cents,no hating ^^
Every time you log on, a thread with new posts will appear in bold. I can understand laziness, but to be completely honest, when members of a forum take repeated steps to let newer members know how things work, and yet they still persist in going against the flow, it's probably best to move on, because being a part of that community is most likely something they never really valued that much to begin with.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote