Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #863
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
This is total B.S. all of the other 8 teams are trying to tank. Even Brooklyn who isn't trying to tank is sitting Mozgov to evaluate younger players. We're the only dumbasses not evaluating our young players in a lost season.

So you have ins with the league office & you know that Silver is making Cuban make Carlisle play all the vets... and you're posting on this forum because???

You don't know that. It's complete speculation & a narrative you conjured up because it agrees with your opinion on the subject. I don't ever remember hearing that Mark Cuban or the league office was making Mavs' lineup decisions in past years. The much more logical conclusion is that the same person whose always made lineup decisions is continuing to make them. That person is Rick Carlisle.

And if we're to take his press conferences seriously, by his own words "That's a coaching decision". Rick says he's making the calls on the lineup, but you know different. Hmmmm...
Gotta say you shouldn't have an issue with speculation. Your whole fire RC idea is based entirely and only on speculation that RC is giving Cuban the finger and in some sort of pissing contest.

RC isn't going to come out in a press conference and say anything of value. He's never been that guy and if he was he wouldn't be employed for not having the blame stop with him. I can't imagine a coach going to a presser and saying "oh yeah we got the decision makers all together and we decided collectively to do this, so if you don't like it, it's not on me".

Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes. For all we know Dirk marched into Cuban's office or both he and Rick were told that he absolutely was not going out like this. Or maybe RC is giving everyone the bird. Maybe Cuban is in a bind with the league and was informed a stiffer penalty like a draft pick would be taken if they were seen obviously tanking. Maybe Parsons is blackmailing Cuban with sext message screen shots from cyberdust... we will never know. There are no facts involved with anyone here having an opinion on the tanking effort by the Mavs because there are none available.

And just to be sure I don't seem like a RC apologist, I'm not he has his warts and I've voiced them plenty over the years. I do still think he is a top 5 current coach in the NBA. He's extremely well respected. If you toss him out the door(and again the entire rc doing what he wants is speculation) you have set your organization back. You say it's for Ayton Doncic or JJJ. Now what guarantee do you have of getting one of those 3 if you toss out RC? I have only one answer, it's not 100%. So if we don't get one of those guys and you lose a top 5 coach then you have set your team back. Furthermore, history would say that not all 3 of those guys will be superstars. So getting one isn't 100% a game changer. Those coaches don't grow on trees. We could end up with a JAG coach next like gentry. hornichoke, brown, etc. So IMO the firing talk is really premature, I like 4 guys a lot in this draft, but I don't look at any of them as an ultra secure lock like Lebron or shaq. If Lebron or shaq where in this draft I'd be open to extremes. As it stands RC is an asset IMO, and you don't throw assets away for nothing. This team has done enough of that.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 03-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote