View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 12:33 AM   #42
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Rasheed Wallace

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Ok M'toine might be one of the worst Toine Homers here, but V is one of the worst 'Sheed Homers on this website.

Sheed is a terrible person- and suddenly he is
Quote:
It is a fact that Wallace is one of the top community / charity guys in the league.
Remember when he beaned Boumtje-Boumtje? Those many games where he was out of control? He is a cancer.
First - I'm not a ''Sheed homer. If you think that is the case then you're not reading my posts. I do feel like I have to defend him at times because many of you seem to base your opinions of on nothing more than selective fourth hand information.... Now before you rip me on that comment let me say that I DO NOT have any more information about Rasheed Wallace available to me than any average basketball fan. But at least I read what's available to me... and I don't blindly agree with effin Charles Barkley & Bill Walton without doing a little research on my own....

Let that sink in before you read on... you are listening to Charles Barkley & Bill Walton when you say Wallace is a cancer.

Or perhaps you have read a little about him... maybe an article in the Oregonian or two... maybe you've read some commentary by Jason Quick? Well I advise you to check the history of the relationship between Wallace & Quick before you're so quick to listen to his perspective.

Second - What the hell does beaning Boom Boom with a basketball have to do with Wallace's charity work? Read my post. It's a fact documented in half a dozen reputable newspapers / website (including, I think, in an article from ESPN that I posted above.)

Third - What the hell are you talking about when you say "remember those many games where he was out of control?" Are you talking about him leading the league in technical fouls a couple of years ago? If that's what you mean... then yes. I remember the 1999 - 2000 season when Wallace led the league in techs. What's your point?

Fourth - I AM NOT OF THE OPINION THAT THE MAVS SHOULD TRADE ANYONE FOR RASHEED WALLACE!! My point is that you would do well to keep an open mind... because Wallace may be coming to Dallas whether you like it or not!!

Fifth - If you don't want to hear news about Wallace... or the potentiallity that he's coming to Dallas... then please don't read this thread. It's called Rasheed Wallace. We talk about 'Sheed game, his comments, his antics, his contract, whatever... we will not turn this into another one of your personal affronts to the author of this thread. If you don't like this thread please rate me as a bad poster. I'm sure you know how to do that.

I bet you couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DISCLAIMER: THE INSULT ABOVE IS INTENDED AS A JOKE. When you see a post by V, you will note that you are likely reading one of my controversial opinions. These opinions are strictly my own and are not meant to inflame or insult but merely to inspire spirited debate. My opinions are not those of either the good folks at Dallas-Mavs.com nor of the Dallas Mavericks.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote