View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 PM   #210
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
1. Marquis Daniels needs to learn how to throw an entry pass.
No joke. Dirk had a turnover because Marquis couldn't throw him the ball in the post and Dirk had to double back and get it.

Quote:
2. Don Nelson can't handle prosperity.
He just can't handle big men. If Nellie had centers on his team, he'd ask the NBA if he could have 2 men on the court at one time.

Quote:
3. Devin Harris is going to be a stud, but it's going to take some time. He, too, needs to learn how to throw an entry pass. And do something with a pick other than shoot behind it.
You stole my line. But it is so true. Harris is going to have Gary Paytonesque defense. But he has got to set up others.

Quote:
4. Josh Howard looks SOOOO much better when he's aggressive and attacking rather than shooting long jump shots. He was huge tonight. Not PF huge, which is why it was unfortunate that Nellie played him at that spot at times, but still, huge.
I just hate his tunnel vision.

Quote:
5. Shawn Bradley is a game-changing force. The FG% differential with him in the game vs. out of the game has to be 20 percentage points tonight.
Amazing how big of a force he is around the basket. For every 1 posterization, he alters 2+ shots. The Mavs can llive with that.

Quote:
6. I'm sick of defenders roughing Dirk up and getting away with it. Instead of responding by just having Dirk catch the ball at the top of the key 25 feet out, Dallas needs to clear a side for Dirk and let him have the ball at the elbow against the guy. Then Dirk needs to drive the bastard to the goal and dunk on his ass.
Nellie just doesn't get Dirk in good opportunities to score sometimes. By the way, for all Pinto's talk of the JunkYard Dog manhandlin' Dirk... it wasn't the case. At one point, Dirk grabbed an offensive board. Layed it up tough, griped at the ref on the way back down.

Quote:
7. I like Alan Henderson, and I feel really smart because I correctly predicted the Mavs starting lineup tonight, but he has no business doing anything other than backing up Dirk. I saw Calvin Booth out there tonight, and I see absolutely NO reason why he can't combine with Bradley at center in Dampier's absence. He's not flashy, but he's certainly adequate.
I agree completely. Booth seserves the center minutes with Damp out. .
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote