View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
It goes with Red meat as well, and why are you drinking "unleaded" now?
Because I got on a health kick 2 years back and decided to give up caffeine.

Funny story, and off topic so let me apologize in advance... but I didn't think I was addicted to caffeine because I drank it all the time. I had, on average, a pot of coffee before going to bed and it never kept me from sleeping. Then 2 years ago I decided to try and stop drinking it I went through 2 weeks of hell. Hell like no other breaking the addiction my body had that I had no idea was the case. After that 2 weeks I found myself sleeping better... and another thing is that I started having dreams again. For the past 11 years I never dreamed, and just figured I didn't remember them.... but now I was waking up with full color vivid dreams. That was when I knew I could never go back...

Which was a problem because I call coffee the "juice of life". There aren't many options for decaf coffee's.... well, at least not at Starbucks. I started researching and found that you can get many excellent quality decaf "green beans" on several sites online (my favorite is sweet maria's). Of course that means you have to roast them... but let me tell you it's not only easy to do but the coffee is outstanding as a result because there is nothing fresher.

If you are a beginner roaster all you need is an air-popcorn popper and some green beans (and a metal collander). One important thing is the air-popcorn popper must not be vented from the bottom with a mesh screen because those cause fires when you roast beans. look for one that has side vents... and then in 6-8 short minutes be prepared for the best coffee you never thought you would ever make.