View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #1041
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So I finally got around to seeing DH II. And it, of course, left me annoyed and unsatisfied. What was most frustrating was that the majority of the movie was pretty good. Pretty good is of course based on the sliding scale that the entire series of movies has produced, since all but DH I were anything from severely disappointing to absolute garbage. But still, pretty good.

Even the Snape reveal was good, I thought. Certainly not what it could have been, but they hadn't put in the proper groundwork in the previous movies to give that scene its due. But based on what was available to them I thought it was good. The scene where Harry is dead was good, with some actual good work from Gambon.

And then....and then....it all basically sucked after that. Nothing close to the proper emotion when Voldy reveals that Harry is dead. Harry and Voldy flying around. Harry beating Voldy...why...because he's just better? No explanation at all? No Harry in Dumbledore's office being applauded by the paintings? Unforgivable. Harry BREAKING the Elder Wand???

Bleah.Triple Bleah. Awful, awful ending.

Good riddance.
I agree with all of that. I thought it was quite good right up until the last 30 min or so. And I saw it twice, hoping I might like the end better. I think I liked the end even less the second time, but the rest of the movie I liked even more.