View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #414
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I agree with the sentiment that if the school feels like there is a hole in its security, they should explicitly fill it by hiring security. It is kinda BS to me to say "we don't feel our school is safe" and then to answer it by saying "therefore teachers if they feel like it can bring guns to close that gap...if they feel like it" Yes, I realize tht they will be counting on different certifying steps to contol who can or cannot bring guns, but they won't be doing anything to say who WILL or WILL NOT.

This is a school. It should be tighter run than that.

((if any feels like it, can they come on by and teach physics this afternoon?))

or better yet

((I hope someone got around to teaching physics yesterday...))

that said, these small schools are always resourse constrained (that is why so many of them are closing). I have no problem with Dalmation's solution of designating some teachers as security in addition to their other duties, and then training and arming them. it is what it is. My Cousin is a history teacher sic soccer coach sic bus driver in a small rural school. multitasking is the norm... but someone should be ASSIGNED the responsibility, rather than just relying on haphazard chance.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote