View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #173
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I understand about the Haliburton offer - Haliburton is a special player. I understand why we didn't extend during the offseason - JB had a bad series against the Clippers and our GM was brand new.

But the midseason extension is a joke. We would have had to make him the same offer as DFS (by league rules). There is no way that JB would have accepted that offer so I understand why the team didn't make him an insulting offer like that.
I got a different impression from Brunson's dad in the article. Sounds like they may have been open to signing the extension mid-season and not insulted at all?

"I told him once the season is started, that's it," Rick Brunson says. "I told the Mavericks, 'Once the season is started, there's no contract talk,' and I went back against my word. In January, I thought he did enough where he deserved [the extension]. I said, 'Hey, take the money, man.' He wants security. He wants to live here. And they declined.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote