View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 11:55 PM   #184
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I got a different impression from Brunson's dad in the article. Sounds like they may have been open to signing the extension mid-season and not insulted at all?

"I told him once the season is started, that's it," Rick Brunson says. "I told the Mavericks, 'Once the season is started, there's no contract talk,' and I went back against my word. In January, I thought he did enough where he deserved [the extension]. I said, 'Hey, take the money, man.' He wants security. He wants to live here. And they declined.
I’m not sure I buy this. Weird Dad vibes from this one. Speaking on behalf of his grown son during the playoffs is strange and it does NOT seem like a Jalen approved message. Unless this is from earlier, not sure when the article is from.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote