View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #187
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
If it’s true though they Jalen wanted to sign an extension and the Mavs said no? It’s beyond incomprehensible. That’s why I sort of don’t believe it.
Actually now that I think about it, the rumor might be true.

You can't trade players who have recently signed a contract and the trade deadline was February. I can see the Mavs declining to offer an extension until after the trade deadline just because we were hoping to be active. DFS didn't sign his until after the trade deadline.

If the Mavs lost out on Lillard or Beal because they couldn't trade Brunson or DFS then that would have been a disaster. Not signing them to an extension AT WORST cost the Mavs a little bit extra money (which hopefully Cuban can afford)
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote