View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #98
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I agree that Dude would seem like a logical choice. And Evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Does this post mean that the hypothetical appointment of dude was would be both a logical, and "evil" choice?
That would one way of interpreting Jthig's statement ...

For the record, I think that a lot of the proposed moderator candidates would all be great for the job (Sikey, Dude, Alby, etc... ), but I'd just hope that whatever folks step up to give U2, Aex, and MFF some active moderating help will continue the venerable, old D-M traditions of light, hands-off moderation.

Obviously, real troublemakers and disruptive, non-Mav fan trolls should be dealt with severely, but I'd also say that on any board, overly aggressive moderator prosecution of minor board infractions is rarely a good thing (threats, banishments, or suspensions based on excessive vituperative argument, cursing lapses, starting occasionally redundant threads, etc... ) and can do much to retard and damage both the caliber of conversation and the level of participation amongst both longtime posters and newcomers alike. Walk softly while carrying your big stick and all that... would seem to me to be the best policy for any prospective new D-M mods, is my unsolicited bum nickel on that...