View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Without considering cost, Bosh. No he's not the ideal positional fit, but to my mind he is, without question, the single best player on the free agent market after Lebron/Wade, and he'll be a force in the league for the duration of whatever contract he signs. If he's interested in Dallas (I can see why the Mavs wouldn't be his preferred destination) and Lebron/Wade aren't available, Dallas should be interested in him.

On Iggy/Johnon, I agree with thig that Joe's the better player. However, I think they're close enough that you at least have to ask the question: Is Iggy the better fit playing in a starting lineup that has Caron and Dirk at the forward spots? Taking his defense and penchant for attacking the basket into account, I think the answer may be yes.

On the other hand, you can ask a slightly different question: Is a Dallas team that starts Johnson and Marion together and brings Caron off the bench more formidable than one that starts Iggy and Caron and brings Marion off the bench? There again, I think the answer is yes.

So give me, ignoring cost, Bosh >> JJ > Iggy, in that order, if nothing gets worked out with Lebron or Wade.