View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #4059
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

When I read that Dirk turned down a max deal I had no idea that he turned down a 4 year offer from the Lakers worth upwards of $80 million. That is crazy! I love this guy!

Did he leave approximately $12 million on the table for this first season of the 3 year deal? If so, I look at it as if the team payroll should be roughly $80.75 million for the players we have signed. I am not keeping under consideration how Jameer Nelson, Richard Jefferson, Devin Harris, and Al-Farouq Aminu all took less money to also play with Dirk and the Mavericks. None of course took as much of a financial hit as Dirk did, but Dirk is smart and understands how by sticking with Cuban he has been set for life.

The Big 3 on the Spurs could certainly have also taken more money, and that payroll would likely have been close to $85 million. My point is that aside from the New York teams we have two of the biggest top dollar teams in this state of Texas. It'll be one hell of a year for us!