View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #109
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Would you trade Jalen Brunson for him straight up? Brunson was picked at 33 and already has had a bigger footprint on the NBA than Frank IMO. So on one hand you talk about the variable of "only" giving up Jackson and 31, and then you realize that's barely what Frank is worth. Frank is a player that is of early second round talent...if that.
NOOOOOOO, of course not! Brunson is a much better player now, and it's easy to see what he's becoming as a player. Brunson actually IS an "asset." I think it's possible that Frank N ends up being way better than Brunson, but it's also VERY possible he does not. Likely, even. I would not trade Brunson for Ntlikina.

If you KNOW there's a Brunson waiting for you at #31, sure, take him. But I heard a GM just the other day say something like "if you're hitting on 20% of your draft picks, you're one of the best GM's in the league." I definitely don't view Brunson as "this is what you're going to get early in the 2nd round."

I guess I'm just saying that I think Frank N's upside is less risky (and closer to the present, developmentally) than the chance of finding a winner at #31. Others might disagree, of course!

Last edited by KillerLeft; 09-28-2020 at 11:20 AM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote