View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #138
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
0-15 for Nix! In his defense, Adrian Brown is getting a lot of his playing time with the same terrible production and that makes it hard for him to ever find a groove. Nix was really hitting the ball well in the first couple of games, it just seemed that the ball always found a fielder! No one here is under the illusion that Nix is ever going to be anything more than a 4th or 5th outfielder though, right? If Nix is staring for us in CF, LF, or RF, we will always have one HELLUVA hole offensively!

HURRY BACK GMJ, (did I really just say that?)!!!
Since you brought it up, allow me to vent:

I understand that Buck likes to take young hitters slow. Hank was platooned for a very long time. I understand that Nix is struggling. But does anyone really think platooning Nix with what is essentially a borderline AAA outfielder a good idea? Really? What exactley is it accomplishing, to take at bats away from Nix while he's still looking for his first hit, to let someone that is simply here as a place holder get at bats? I do not understand the logic.

Let Nix play until GMJ is back, and then see where you're at.

Incidentally, I hope you're not under the illusions that GMJ is anything more than a 4th outfielder either. He had a nice year last year, but his track record suggests he is a 4th outfielder. Nix is probably the same, but at least he still has a little potential.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-10-2006 at 12:19 PM.