View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Personally, I support the current health-care that I am under. But that's just me, and I acknowledge that there are others who have a genuine need for improved care/services at a better cost.

Having said that, I absolutely do NOT want Government involvement in managing health care. The closest example or experience I have with this has been my experience in the military. Great quality care (Doctors etc...), but the red tape to get to the doctor was a major pain and ofter times not worth the hasstle.

I've also had friends and family from other countries (France/Canada), who have shared several nightmare stories of long wating times to be seen (Months and Months waiting for an appointment, or being flat out rejected)

I have also had friends/family who have had excellent care here in the USA, getting to choose what hospital they went too and actually getting to pick one, that has some better rooms, visitor hours...things associated with stronger recovery support.

Under a universal government healthcare program, I have major concerns as to the choices that people will have...it appears as though the choice will become more limited than we have today.

On the flip side...I wonder if we can influence individuals who have the ability to gain some better health through preventative measures. For example, I'm 'Fat' ... 5'11", 40 years of aga, at 260 pounds...I can stand to lose about 70 pounds before my health becomes a medical issue. I would imagine that their are many others out there who could stand to do some of the same.

Now the cost of healthy foods, Gym membership, Personal Coach, etc...can be rather prohibitive...thus a tax credit or tax break, provided using this obtains some type of measurable results...would that not help contribute to a drop in actual health care due to lower needs of medical attention?

I am nowhere near an expert on any of this stuff, but it seems to me that much of this appears to be getting more complicated than it needs to be.

I say we get all of us who post on DM.com together in a room, give us 72 hours to hash out a plan, and I am willing to bet, we would have as close to the best plan as anyone in office, in the medical industry or in the private sector.

There you go, let's start up our own "Lobby"...we can send Mavdog and Flaco as our lobbiest!!!

Anyone else support this measure?

Of course alexamenos and arne would be on standby :-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote