View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

dalmations, I can see you point to some extent...

however, underlying that point is ALSO the fact that the current system is getting bogged down because SOMEBODY already has to provide care for those that are outside the system. The hodgepodge way we do it now is retarded, and and tries to overtly ignore the situation and instead addresses the problem as an afterthought plugged into the side of the general system.

Clearly that doesn't work very well. It is also clear (to me at least) that we can't just exclude medical services from a large swathe of the population... even if you ignore the humanitarian aspects of that decision, the external and spillover costs of having an uncovered portion of the population are too high.

so you have to divide the question into two parts. One, what is the problem? (which you addressed) and two, What is the best way to solve this problem? (which you didn't)

i don't think ignoring the un-covered is an option.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote