View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
<snip>
Does anyone object to getting what you pay for?
(because I love the debate, I'll take this side right now)

The answer is essence is YES.

If my child needs a new heart, and I make 100K a year, and you tell me that it will run 500K and insurance won't cover it -- I still want the heart for my child.

I don't want to be told that I can't afford it, and my child will die. I don't want a doctor doing the surgery that graduated in the bottom 10th of his class. I want my child to be treated by the best there is, because I want them to survive.

Just because I was laid off, didn't get the promotion, wasn't born into money, or can't get insurance because of a pre-existing condition doesn't mean that I don't WANT the best available care for my child.

So yes, I have problem if my child is passed over for a heart because someone else has a little more money.

My child is worth more than Money.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote