View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
People that have the need of "Heart Transplant" are put into a list to find a donor that matches. To my understanding the best people perform the surgery...I don't believe that this is where you get what you pay for, the perks come in the form of what some deem non-medical.

In other words, your wait time in the lobby is shortened, your room is perhaps a bit more comfortable (5 Star hotel versus 2 star hotel)...

Free Care, or Tax paid care, provide everyone with the opportunity to received care, period. My lot in life is what it is and if that only provided me with Tax paid care and it happened to be a doctor in the bottom 10% of his peers...but he did graduate and he does meet the standards, then so beit.

When I travel, I sit in coach...I would love to sit in 1st class, but guess what...I can't afford it, thus I adjust and sit in coach.

I drive cars that suffice, but they are not the best cars on the road, I would love to drive the best, but I cant afford it.

I live in a comfortable home...not the best around...heck I would love to have the house that Mark Cuban owns, but I can't afford it.

I would love to have the absolute BEST medical care, heck my own private doctor and staff...but I adjust based on what I can afford, I've been without insurance and with insurance, either way, I adjusted to what my means where at the time. That big time personal Medical Staff living in my home...I can't afford it.

We accept our lot in life, we strive to improve our lot, and I would imagine that for most of us here, we do our best to help others improve their lives...providing support for those in need.
But if this is the case, then nothing is broken. What you describe is what happens now. Why make any changes at all?

Do we all agree now that nothing is broken, and we have no need to fix healthcare?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote