View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #33
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Hmm..not sure what happened to my last post. But in general I just disagree and I think you are thinking like an elitist.
there you go again, tossing out accusations of "elitist", but without any rationale. this is the very same line of thought used above about obama, and you couldn't back it up then either.

let's see, there are private health insurance option available, there are still going to be employer provided benefits of family health insurance available, and for those who cannot get coverage there will be a public plan.

how is that in any way "elitist"? is our current structure "elitist"? it's not.

ridiculous accusation.

Quote:
Like FannieMae/FreddieMac took over 50% of the mortgages in this country, the public option will quickly crowd out private insurers. Then the guvment will increase those perks to buy votes.. Contributing to the already overwhelming unfunded committments that medicare/medicaid already have.
gee, if fannie and freddie have 50%, that means there are 1 of every 2 mortgages that are not freddie or fannie. guess what? that means half of all mortgages are NOT freddie or fannie.....to say that this "crowd[s] out" other mortgage companies is absurd.

Quote:
There is a sort of silver lining I guess. Now lefties can quit bitching about wal-mart not providing affordable health care, as they won't have to.
they will have to if those other employers offer health insurance benefits, wlamart will need to compete for the workers.

Quote:
The companies imo will quickly move to the public option and only the uber-priviledged like Barry will have private care. Your assertion might be true for the top 10% wage-earners imio.
like I said, you like to use conjecture to support your point. you put out 10% without any factual basis.

currently the vast amjority of emploers provide health insurance benefits to attract and keep their talent. these companies offer multiple choices of health insurance plans, from ppo to hmo. there is no reason that you or anyone else have put forth on why this dynamic will change.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote