View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think the most powerful argument is the financial disaster that is medicare. What exactly in that program are we wanting to replicate? If we weren't trying to rahm it through, we'd fix that program and then roll it out. It's certainly big enough to provide an accurate pilot.

Your recitations of my opinion(if that is what you are doing) is incorrect.
1. I expect it will be pretty inefficient. But that's what it is going to take to get medical costs down. Like Canada from all that I've read, there isn't an open MRI on every corner, nor other facilities. So you wait or in their case, go over the border. I'm not sure where Americans will go when they cannot get a facility. ??? So rationing will occur if we want to get costs down, it has to.

2. I'm not saying it will be efficient but that it will be quite inexpensive, because the taxpayers will provide the dollars instead of employers. That's all. To think that an employer will continue to provide health coverage when they do not have to is naive imo.

I also am not terribly upset with the general idea of the guvment providing health care if they would fix medicare first and show me that it's anything but the current cluster. I KNOW that medical markets are different, there is no cost constraints when your kiddo or yourself's health is involved. But there is going to HAVE to be some put into the system, I don't really think private enterprise may be able to do it.

I am pretty disgusted with the rush to disaster in just about all of barry's proposals. There's not a one that I can see that will stand up to the scrutiny of open-debate, but since it's a manufactured crisis we are voting on bills that havent' even been collated yet. (I know it's a change of subject).

You sound like you think most people purchase their own insurance...I don't think so.

Just put it to yourself. You are running a business and you can either provide health insurance yourself or let the guvment do it for you. Why would you? Mavie thinks it's to attract the best and brightest. I can agree with that to an extent but the best and brightest are 10% of the wage earners or somesuch. Health coverage is a checkbox for most companies.

I would be very surprised if prospective employees go through the health care coverage before accepting a position.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote