View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #36
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

ok. fair enough, and I mostly agree with the basic premises you state.

That said, two points.

1) Medicaid is welfare. It is providing a service to people that can't get it for themselves. THat is expensive (money flowing out, no money flowing in). Ideally a more universal coverage would automatically make the bottom segment of coverage more efficient by integrating it more seamlessly with the overall helth care provision network, rather than the abomination plastered to the side of the system we have now.

2) private sector provision of healthcare can and will fit in in some way or another. If your worst dreams come true and 90% of the population have coverage through the government providers, then a supplemental market will emerge, to get things like MRIs or whatever where ques form because it is not considered a core coverage (i assume you are talking about for knees or shoulders or whatnot...?)

btw... these arguments are for generalized healthcare in GENERAL... I don't understand the specific obama proposals well enough to assess them on way or another.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote