View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #24
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
KVH only averages 9 and 4. We could EASILY replace Softee's 4 extra points and Davis is a much better and much more rugged defender. We need a banger to back up Dirk, not Dirk-lite. So Davis would be our backup PF and get a few minutes at center. And he averages almost FIVE boards a game not four (in 20 mintues per game).

If we only had to give a 2nd rounder or so then I would do it INSTANTLY. A player like PJ Brown or Davis would be the missing piece of the puzzle for us. Obviously I would prefer Brown but he isn't available since the Hornets are trying to be 1st round playoff fodder.
I agree with you, I think Davis would be a nice peice of the puzzle here. I think he compliments Dirks game very well, he obviously brings the good interior defense off the bench, and he can still hit the mid range shot when left open. Davis also brings that veteran presence, who has been through the playoff wars of the past.

KVH has played well since he was traded here, better than I thought he would personally. BUT, like you said, he is Dirk lite. I think it would greatly benefit the Mavs to have a more defensive minded, do the dirty work type of player to fill in for Dirk off the bench. Which is why i'm also in favor of bringing in a P.J. Brown, or even better, a Reggie Evans.

With that said though, I really do the think the Mavs are dead set about breaking up this team right now. I think they are afraid that the chemistry which has slowly developed since being eliminated last year is too important.

We'll see. It seems the Mavericks can never go through a Trade Deadline without making some noise.