Thread: Hilarious Story
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hilarious Story

I'm thankful Dirk is ok and no damage was done, but Dirk's repsponse was hilarious.

Nowitzki OK after teammate slams fingers in cab

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

MIAMI – You'd think the toughest thing about being a young, unproven player in the NBA would be waiting for your next minute of playing time.

But not damaging the team's superstar probably rates above that.

Dan Dickau had the scare of his professional life when he went to South Beach for dinner with Dirk Nowitzki on Wednesday. The pair hopped in a cab and Dickau asked Nowitzki what seat he wanted for the most legroom.

Nowitzki took the back seat. Then Dickau shut the car door on Nowitzki's fingers. Worst of all, it was his shooting hand.

"I looked at the door and two of Dirk's fingers were hanging out," Dickau said. "That could have been the most expensive cab ride of my life."

As it turned out, there was no damage done, other than a bruise at mid-knuckle. Nowitzki was calm when the accident happened.

"I said, "Dude, open the door. My fingers are in there,' " Nowitzki said.

Dickau, who was activated before Thursday's game against the Miami Heat when Michael Finley took his place on the injured list, was thankful there wasn't serious damage done to Nowitzki's fingers.

When the story circulated in the locker room and everybody was told there was no harm done, Dickau knew he was going to get razzed.

"That could have been an end-of-career cab ride for Dan," Shawn Bradley said. "That would have been his shortest stay on the active roster ever."

Daniels gets the nod:

Marquis Daniels was inserted in the starting lineup in place of Finley, who returned to Dallas with his sprained right ankle.

Daniels started 15 times as a rookie last season and was scheduled to be the starter at shooting guard this year.