View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #458
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
No, I had not heard the story. Sad story, though. Makes for a good reminder to teach people gun safety.

On another point, if the Uzi is really a Uzi, then it is fully automatic and is a level 3 NFA weapon which can only be legally held and operated by the one and only person with the level 3 NFA permit to hold and operate. no way can a child legally even touch/hold a fully automatic weapon.

So, i have to assume it was a semiautomatic weapon or a sportered version of a Uzi that is only semiautomatic. or, I have to assume that the adults involved were:
1)stupid as regards gun safety
2)stupid as regards gun laws

Whatever the details, a sad story of stupid adults guilty of neglect
I am only going on what I heard in the news (they said "Uzi"). They were also saying that due to the nature of the gun both his parent and an instructor had to be present. But regardless, if the kid did in fact die because the gun got away from him and shot himself in the head...well, maybe kids shouldn't oughta be handling guns like that.

But of course, you've got the Second Amendment...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote