View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 AM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Came down with compartment syndrome for no apparent reason (somehow tore a muscle which resulted in blood hemorrhaging into my leg, which cut off circulation to the muscles) and two different ERs misdiagnosed me. By the time they finally got it right and operated on me, the muscle had died. I've had six operations in the last three months (3-4 weeks in the hospital) and have only now begun walking without assistance.

Two doctors have already told me the damage is permanent, and that I'll have to wear a brace for the rest of my life in order to walk normally. So now I have a nasty looking leg that looks like someone took a sledgehammer to it (they cut out a LOT of muscle) and permanent drop foot (can't point toes up or keep foot from dragging behind while walking). So much for competing in a bodybuilding comp anytime soon

Hopefully my lawyer can get the hospitals to foot the $150k bill. Personally I think that's the very least they can do considering the fact that I'm now permanently "handicapped."

Last edited by djb; 11-22-2005 at 01:36 AM.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote