View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 05:02 AM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Over 4 seasons, from 2001-2004, the Mavericks exited the playoffs to the tune of 4-1, 4-1, 4-2, 4-1.
You know, I already knew that, but I never really thought about it. That's pretty bad. Ugh, no wonder the Mavs got no respect. I think you're being just a little harsh on Nash, Orange, but I agree in principle. He did have a way of being quite inconsistent during the playoffs.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that Nash always fails in the playoffs, at least not anymore. At the end of the regular season last year, I really didn't feel that he deserved to be the MVP at all, but he won me over in the playoffs in a big way. He just tore us a new one. That buzzer beating three in game 6 still haunts me. I think he was without question the best player in the playoffs last year. Yeah the ended up getting whooped by the Spurs, but I think that was the result of the Spurs simply being the better team rather than any choking on Nash's part.

But again, I agree with you in principal in that I feel that Nash's departure was ultimately in our best interests, and obviously his. I've said this before, and I know most people around here don't seem to agree with me, but I honestly feel that Dirk would not be quite the player he is now if Nash hadn't left.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-28-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote