View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
chum, the original argument was not about series averages - it was about your contention that I was "a band wagon jumper of the highest degree," because (and this is the fact pattern):

(1) I stated that Nash's N.J. line reminded me "a little bit of the Steve Nash of old," referring to the fact that I recalled games in the past where Nash's line had been mediocre if not downright bad.
(2) You called me out and stated that there is "no resemblance between that line and the Steve Nash of old".
(3) I provided evidence specifically from the playoffs (not the regular season, where the games do not matter) of games where Nash had lines that are irrefutably reminiscent of Nash's N.J. line.

That's my beef.
Yes, I understand that was your original observation. I found it ridiculous then, and I find it even more ridiculous now that you have posted the stats you found. Sorry, maybe it's just me, but those numbers don't remind me much of zero points scored. They aren't in the same ballbark. Hell, they aren't even in the same sport!

If you are going to see those playoff lines as "irrefutably reminiscent" of his zero-point NJ line...well, we just aren't ever going to have a fruitful discussion.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote