View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #75
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

"They were doing a whole hell of a lot of (winning)."

We were winning in the regular season chum, something you dismiss yourself as not very important in your second paragraph. This is something we can agree on - winning in the regular seasons means, at the end of the day, absolutely nothing.

4-1, 4-1, 4-2, 4-1

In 21 playoff games we won 5. That's a .238 winning-percentage. Decidedly not a whole lot of winning.

"Now, then, Dirk is getting off by himself...in the regular season, anyway."

"You like to point to Nash's postseasons struggles against Mike Bibby and/or Tony Parker, but you don't seem to want to include in your analysis Dirk's struggles against Tracy McGrady and/or Shawn Marion."

You mean to qualify, in part, Nash's legacy by pointing to his past ability to get Dirk looks. Then you dismiss Dirk's present success because it is in the regular season? Are we to forget that Dirk averaged 21 pts and 9 rebs against Tracy McGrady and the Rockets last year? That he averaged 26.5 pts and 11.5 rebs against Shawn Marion and the Suns? Sure, you can say he 'struggled', but that term is used relatively. Dirk still did a damn fine job against those two players. And I guarantee you, he will get off in this year's playoffs too, just you wait.

This is the same argument that alot of people use to dismiss Shawn Marion's present play. "Marion is good because of Nash...", "Before Nash came along, Marion was on the trading block", etc. etc. The argument holds no water in Marion's case, and it holds even less when it is used on Nowitzki.

That's perfectly fine that you continue to believe in the "two-headed monster", I am not trying to discourage your belief in any way. But, sir, you are well over-stepping yourself by suggesting that I made a fool of myself.

This debate started with you misinterpreting what I said. We have now progressed to you accusing me of blaming Nash for our lack of success? The closest thing I said to that was asserting that Nash simply was not good enough to take us to the promised land. I didn't say it was his fault, I just said he couldn't do it - an irrefutable fact seeing as how Dallas has yet to bring home an O'Brien Trophy.

You are being entirely too defensive and bringing topics to the fore that I have not even addressed, simply because you think I'm using this forum to attack Nash - which is certainly not the case. I usually like your posts chum, but you need to check that Nash-love at the door because it is impairing your ability to understand what I am trying to say.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-28-2006 at 11:05 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote