View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #110
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Whats wrong with the names you thought of?
They're all the same ones who have been tossed around here for awhile (Iggy, Melo, etc.). I see substantial problems with many of them. At least one is actually quite appealing (Kevin Martin), but we're just not going to get him for Caron and Haywood, or whatever. The Rockets are steadily improving and we'd have to go a lot deeper into our talent pool to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
I'll agree that there are people that do that. However, in this case there was a small criteria that I listed and then you say imo a sort of condescending manner "name a player that fits ..." and someone does just that and says Stephen Jackson, I think it's plenty safe to assume they are specifically talking about the previously mentioned criteria. I don't think in that instance he needed to restate what I just said to make it more clear.
It wasn't condescending, it was just doubtful. Call me a pessimist, but I just don't see what the Mavs can do in the current market with an injured Butler as their trade chip. That doesn't mean I'm definitely right, but that was kinda the point: I was hoping that you had some idea I'd missed.

As for Jackson, my whole thing is he doesn't fit the criteria you listed, because he's not a guy who's going to take it to the hoop and get to the line much (which in your own words was the first thing you said, right?). I think he fits some other important criteria very, very well, but he's not any better of a penetrator than Caron.

I'm not necessarily saying it'd be a horrible thing to have him on the squad, but if we're really focused on what you said we needed (which again, I think is probably exactly what we need), I really don't think he's the answer.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote